|Sims' Next Top Model (cycle 15)|
|Season Run||December 24, 2016 - August 28, 2017|
|Next Season||Cycle 16|
The fifteenth cycle of Sims' Next Top Model premiered on December 24, 2016. It was the first season of the main series since Revamped which aired February to July of 2015.
The prizes this cycle were:
- A cover and spread in Vogue Italia.
- An international Max Factor campaign.
- A 1½ year long modelling contract with NU女 Models.
- A cash prize worth € 50,000.
The winner was 19-year old Steph Makus from the United States.
Changes and twists
With the show having been on a long hiatus, many changes took place to keep the show modern. Most importantly is the absence of previous judges Tyra Banks, who hosted since cycle 1, and Laura van Fark, who judged since cycle 12. Instead, they were replaced by fashion model and SaintPita alumna Yachana Vazirani, male model, photographer and host of Sims' Next Top Male Model Maicle Gambardella, as well as retired model and RED Models Manager Sin Il Hong.
- Comeback: This season featured a comeback at the end of week four.
- Top Model of the Week: Top Model of the Week (TMotW or simply TMW for short) returns from Revamped. Each week the audience votes on who they thought did the best, and the winner receives immunity.
- Winner's Suite: There is a special bedroom in the Top Model House called the Winner's Suite, in which the model who received best photo by the judges will get the stay the following week. With this comes special gifts such as clothing and beauty products.
- Wildcard: This season featured wildcard Brenda, who joined the competition after the first elimination after applying late.
(information stated is correct at start of contest)
|Title||Original air date|
|153||1||"Episode 1"||24 December 2016|
The finalists have their first runway show in the New York Harbour, and at the same time, a photo shoot without them knowing. After moving into their house, drama ensues between some of the girls, while others form strong friendships. After the elimination, the girls are caught off guard by a surprise addition to the cast.
|154||2||"Episode 2"||31 December 2016|
At the model house, new girl Brenda is disappointed by not being able to bond with many girls. Meanwhile, Lana attempts new ways of being noticed by the judges. Later, the girls meet with Revamped contestant Callie Banks who interviews them. The following day, the girls head to Amman, Jordan for their photo shoot in which they have to embody either a sexy style or an edgy style.
|155||3||"Episode 3"||8 January 2017|
The girls receive their long-awaited makeovers. While most girls are confident with their new looks, Ola struggles to embrace her new bowl cut. For their challenge, the girls have to buy their own outfits for a magazine mock shoot with US$200.
|156||4||"Episode 4"||12 June 2017|
The girls find out they are going to Barcelona, but during a layover in Portugal, they find out there will be another elimination before the trip can continue. In their challenge, the girls are divided into pairs, each assigned a different style. Each pair has to style themselves, and then take photos of one another in a way that portrays their assigned style. At the photo shoot, the girls sport colourful clothes in front of bright beach huts.
|157||5||"Episode 5"||27 July 2017|
After elimination, Yachana announces that Clara will be returning to the competition for a second chance. Afterwards, they all finally head to Barcelona where, right away, they are sent off on go-sees in pairs, and navigating the big city turns out to be a huge problem for some. At the photo shoot, they model high fashion outfits at the Montjuïc Castle.
|158||6||"Episode 6"||27 July 2017|
The girls head to Barcelona Fashion Week where they walk for the designers they were booked by. The following day, they go on a roadtrip to Girona where they have a Dolce & Gabbana inspired shoot alongside contestants from various seasons of Sims' Next Top Male Model.
|159||7||"Episode 7"||2 August 2017|
After many weeks of close friendship, Steph and Veronica have a misunderstanding which leads to a fight between them. Meanwhile, Ola is looking to sabotage Clara. For their challenge, the girls have to write and direct screen tests for Colgate. At their photo shoot, they have an ad campaign shoot for Max Factor with Revamped winner Liu Gao as their mentor. At elimination, Brenda and Ola have a huge fall out.
|160||8||"Episode 8"||28 August 2017|
The girls get a vacation on Phú Quốc where they all make up after the previous week's drama. At night in downtown Dương Đông, they are photographed in cover stories for Vogue Italia. Back in New York, a winner is crowned.
- The contestant won Sims' Next Top Model.
- The contestant was voted Top Model of the Week.
- The contestant won the reward challenge.
- The contestant won the reward challenge and was voted Top Model of the Week.
- The contestant was eliminated from the competition.
- In episode 1, Brenda joined the competition after the elimination took place.
- Episode 2 featured a non-elimination bottom two.
- Episode 3 featured a double elimination without prior warning.
- In episode 5, Clara returned to the competition. Additionally, at panel there were two eliminations. Umwali and Veronica were by default up for elimination for their poor performance in the challenge, and prior to the call-out of the rest of the girls, Umwali was eliminated for performing worse out of the two in the photo shoot.
- In episode 6, Brenda and Steph won best photo together.
- The contestant won the competition.
- The contestant was the runner-up.
- The contestant won best photo.
- The contestant was one of the top performing models.
- The contestant ranked in the middle.
- The contestant was the last to be called before the bottom.
- The contestant ranked in the bottom.
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant advanced to the final round.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: LBD tribute runway show backstage
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Pick your concept: Sexy or edgy
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Mock magazine cover tries
- Episode 4 photo shoots: DIY style shoot (challenge); colourful editorial
- Episode 5 photo shoots: Mock magazine cover try (Clara only); High fashion at Montjuïc Castle
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Dolce & Gabbana mock campaigns
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curl Addict Mascara ads
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Vogue Italia cover stories at night in downtown Dương Dông
Panel style concept
- Episode 1: None (self-styled)
- Episode 2: None (self-styled)
- Episode 3: Go-see appropriate (self-styled)
- Episode 4: Jeans and burgundy
- Episode 5: 2017 PANTONE trend colours
- Episode 6: Floral
- Episode 7: Pants
Top Model of the Week rankings
- The contestant received the most votes.
- The contestant won best photo.
- The contestant received the most votes and won best photo.
- The contestant received the least votes.
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant received the least votes and was eliminated.
- Because the Episode 8 poll received a much larger amount of votes than any of the previous polls, the four finalists' total and average scores up to episode 7 are included alongside their total and average scores including said poll.
|Episode title||Upload date||Video length|
|153||1||"Episode 1"||24 December 2016||43:23||5.41|
|154||2||"Episode 2"||31 December 2016||41:01||1.90|
|155||3||"Episode 3"||8 January 2017||42:29||2.58|
|156||4||"Episode 4"||12 June 2017||41:42||1.50|
|157||5||"Episode 5"||27 July 2017||64:34||1.00|
|159||7||"Episode 7"||2 August 2017||44:20||1.04|
|160||8||"Episode 8"||28 August 2017||57:14||1.87|
- View counts as of 19 August 2018.